Title: Sales Representative
Reports to: General Manager
Location: currently looking for team members in all legal cannabis states, with an initial focus on California
Moxie Meds is a revolutionary all natural cannabis medicine grown, produced and thoughtfully designed specifically for women, by women. We’ve combined MCT oil and full plant extract to provide patients with the best possible medications to assist with menstrual cramps and hormonally related stress. By mixing the plant medicine of our past with the hope of our future, we seek to bring balance and ease to the toughest times on women’s bodies and minds. Moxie Meds embraces this synergy of ancient wisdom and contemporary knowledge, and of plant and body, to provide the most comprehensive relief for moderate to severe pain associated with menstrual cycles including menopause, endometriosis and all associated emotional and physical stress.
Moxie Meds is currently recruiting Sales Representatives in markets nationwide, with an initial focus on California.
The Sales Representative is the face of the company and will help ensure that as many women as possible have access to cannabis medicines that meet their unique needs. The Sales Representative builds trust with dispensaries and collaborates with other Moxie Meds staff to ensure availability and to grow sales. Specifically, the Sales Representative will:
- Win new dispensary accounts
- Generate Purchase Orders (POs) from dispensary accounts. Use company’s seed-to-sale software to confirm ability to fulfill orders accurately and on-time.
- Ensure satisfaction of dispensary accounts. Train dispensary staff, including in-person sessions and written materials. Provide in-store displays and other marketing materials and advice on placement. Trouble-shoot fulfillment in collaboration with operations team.
- Coordinate and perform in-store events, either solo (to start) or with Brand Ambassadors (in future)
- Ensure on-time and accurate deliveries to and payments from dispensary accounts, either solo (to start) or with Operations team (in future)
- Collaborate with co-workers to project sales and ensure sufficient production to satisfy expected needs of dispensary accounts. Maintain detailed and up-to-date records, in formats approved by management, of accounts and prospects and report regularly to management on various metrics (e.g., Purchase Orders, fulfillments, backlog, attrition, competition).
- Passion for cannabis products, in general, and for women’s health issues, in particular
- Knowledge of cannabis science and delivery forms, including can an ability to persuade both lay and expert audiences
- Sales track record of winning and growing accounts with product retailers. Ability to verbally communicate product and pricing info and to distinguish its value proposition from competing products. Strong attention to detail, with an ability to multi-task and exercise excellent follow-through skills. Highly-motivated, with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and high performance standards.
- Ability and willingness to:
- Record, using smartphone- or tablet-based software, all sales leads, account and order info
- Project sales
- Use own vehicle to travel often and extensively
- Concisely communicate updates to co-workers, both verbally and in writing
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and produce appropriate sales literature, packaging and in-store displays
- Collaborate with operations team to plan several months of accurate and on-time deliveries and to trouble-shoot any product quality or fulfillment issues
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned from time to time.
Essential Job Functions
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects, bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
- Base salary and commission.
- Reimbursement for mileage and cell phone service.
- Initially, this will be an Independent Contractor position, with the potential to transition to a permanent employee as the company grows. Employees will be eligible for company Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, retirement (e.g., 401k plan), Paid time off, Employee Assistance Program and other benefits.
Moxie Meds is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by law.